EOS Stands for the Entrepreneurial Operating System. This was explained to me in a book call (TRACTION) by Gino Wickman. This book described a business operating system unlike any I had ever seen before! This system was built on a set of simple, real world practical tools, timeless concepts that have been around for a 100 years! You are not going to find and magic pills or silver bullets here! These processes could help businesses if they were:
- Hitting the ceiling (been stuck at a certain level of growth and you can’t seem to get by it?)
- Having people problems (how do you know if you have the right person in the right seat? How do you know they are even committed to you?)
- Handling issues in their company and knowing how to address which ones first (out of the 120 issues that you are daily handling already!)
- Not knowing how to hold a productive meeting (or at least it feels like you are just repeating the same things over and over again in each meeting).
- Not sure if everyone is “rowing in the same direction” in the company.
So in the beginning I wanted to find out if this book was really hype or was the real thing because after reading it I thought “this is too good to be true”.
So I spent about six months investigating it to find out not only when EOS worked but more importantly when the EOS model would fail and sure enough I did find the times where EOS failed!
Guess when EOS failed? When the companies that were involved with EOS had one or more of the following characteristics:
- The owners were not willing to be open and honest. This is critical to properly implementing EOS.
- They attempted to “modify” EOS to fit them instead of modifying their business to properly use EOS.
- They “skipped” portions of EOS and did not use all of the tools or features.
- They attempted to implement EOS without an EOS implementer to guide them.
The bottom line is that if a company PROPERLY implements EOS they will gain significant traction in their business!
So now I help people to get what they want from their businesses.
I do that by providing a complete system with simple tools to help you do 3 things we call Vision, Traction, Healthy.
- Vision, from the standpoint of first getting your leaders 100% on the same page with where your organization is going and how it is going to get there.
- Traction, from the standpoint of helping your leaders to become more disciplined and accountable, executing really well to achieve every part of your Vision.
- Healthy, meaning helping your leaders to become a healthy, functional, cohesive leadership team because unfortunately, leaders often don’t function well as a team. From there, as goes your leadership team, so goes the rest of your organization.
We get to the point where your entire organization is crystal clear on your Vision, all much more disciplined and accountable in executing your Vision, gaining consistent traction, and advancing as a healthy, functional, cohesive team.
If that resonates with you, I’d love to schedule 90 minutes to show you how to use EOS to experience Vision, Traction and Healthy with your team. So if you want to have me call you to explain a little more about EOS simply click here to pick a time that will work for you!